Ice Dam Mitigation
Removing ice is an essential step to a safer home. We can prevent ice dams by installing a custom heat cable system. We can remove ice dams with professional roof steaming systems.
Ice dams can cause water to enter the inside of your home, damaging ceilings, walls, floors and more. Repairs can cost thousands of dollars.
Removing ice and snow from your roof is a dangerous job. We have the right tools and training to safely remove or prevent ice dams.
- Roof rakes are used to remove snow from the effected areas.
- Crews will use a low-pressure steamer to safely remove the ice dams without the risk of damaging your roof.
If you have known ice dam issues, we will design a system to prevent ice dams from occurring using heat cables.
- We can install both constant-wattage and self-regulating heat cables.
Once designed and approved, our technicians will install the system and show you how to use it.
- We install plug-in systems, meaning the system is intended to be plugged into an outside GCFI outlet with an extension cord (supplied by home owner).
The roof must be free from ice and snow to install a system, so usually these are scheduled in September or October.
These services are available at an extra charge, which will be fully disclosed before work begins:
- System check. If you are concerned that your heat cable system isn’t working, our technicians can diagnose and possibly repair the issue.
- Electrical work. We cannot diagnose or add a circuit, or add a thermostat control to your heat cable system. Homeowner is responsible to hire a licensed electrician.
For the safety of your property and our crew:
- We may cancel and reschedule your outside service due to weather conditions:
- High winds – ladders are unsafe for crews and can blow onto your home
- Rain – makes roofs and ladders slippery and unsafe for crews
- Crews will not rake any areas they consider to be unsafe, such as near power lines. You will not be charged for these exclusions.
- We cannot provide extension cords to your plug-in heat cable system.
- We cannot add thermostat controls to your heat cable system.
- We cannot diagnose or add circuits to your home.
Our trusted process
Fast, Easy Scheduling
Get a price and schedule in a few minutes, without an in-home sales visit.
Best in Class service
Full-time professional cleaners bring their own equipment and use eco-friendly products.
We show up on time and ensure your complete satisfaction.
We have implemented a COVID-19 Preparedness Plan and new protocols to protect you and our employees. Here are some highlights:
- Employees will undergo a temperature check and health screening at the beginning of each day. Employees with a fever or presenting COVID-19 symptoms will not be allowed to work.
- Employees will wear cloth masks and gloves at all times while in your home.
- After leaving a home, employees will disinfect their hands, cars and equipment.
- We ask that your household members and our crews maintain at least a 6′ distance at all times.
These simple steps will ensure that our staff can be thorough and complete.
- Make sure your outside water spigot is accessible and turned on.
- Make sure an outside GCFI outlet is accessible and working.
An ice dam is a ridge of ice that forms at the edge of a roof and prevents melting snow (water) from draining off the roof.
The water that backs up behind the dam can leak into a home and cause damage to walls, ceilings, insulation, and other areas.
- Ice dams usually occur after a heavy snowfall followed by sunny days or above-freezing temperatures.
- Often caused by poor attic insulation or ventilation, the ice dam is formed when the warm air inside your home leaks into the attic and warms the underside of the roof causing snow and ice on the roof to melt.
- Ice dams can also form if the radiant heat from the sun melts the snow on your roof, despite the ambient temperature being below freezing.
We require cancellation at least 2 business days before your scheduled cleaning. Short cancels can be difficult to fill and since we pay our teams even if you cancel, you may be charged a fee for the cancellation.
Details & Dixon’s observes 6 holidays per year – New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. If you have a recurring service that falls on a holiday, we will reschedule your cleaning on a first-come first-served basis if you wish.
We do not accept payment on the day of service. We will invoice you approximately one day after service. You may pay by check or credit card.
Our Always Ready Guarantee
Your clean home will be ready for anything.
Schedule all your home cleaning services from the fully-trained professionals you trust, on your time.
We carry complete insurance coverage to protect you and your home. Learn more about our safety protocols.
We will show up on time and complete all services to your satisfaction. If you have a problem, we’ll make it right.